Sunday, August 15, 2010

What will you have to say when Christ comes?

What will you be doing when Christ walks again on this earth? The scriptures teach that Jesus Christ will come in the "blink of an eye". If you were to blink right now and open your eyes to the face of the Jesus, the son of God and he asked "what have you done today?" would you have something truly noble to share in his Holy presence? Or would you open your mouth to nothingness, having under your belt a days worth of selfish, vain and earthly driven acts? When God sends his only begotten son once again to the eyes of man we will be expected to account for our daily lives. He will expect to hear how we as Christians helped others and acted in ways he himself would have acted towards our neighbors, friends and family. He would expect to see never ending love, gratitude and respect towards the words of our Father , the law of the land and our Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

Right now I am going to climb down off of my pedestal to tell you that I as a normal human being  have nothing truly remarkable to share with my Savior Jesus Christ and that if he were to come to me right now I would be terribly ashamed of myself.  Terribly ashamed that the only ting I have truly done for him was to keep a blog on the internet. Sure throughout my life I have done noble acts of righteousness here and there but none have measured up even close to those my Savior has done. They haven't even measured up to those some of my fellow brothers and sisters in God have done. I could pull these moments out of a hat but would those moments be enough to satisfy my Savior? I personally do not think so. I know with all of my heart that my Savior expects so much more from me than what I have done so far.  I strive daily to give him all that I have but I know at the end of the day I fall short.

Why is it so hard for us to be like our Savior Jesus Christ? The fact is that being "Like Jesus" didn't even come easy to the Savior himself. He struggled throughout his life with the job personally handed to him by our Father in Heaven. Even he doubted God asking him "why, why O Lord do you do this to me". If it were a struggle for Jesus Christ how can we be so selfish to believe it would come so easy for us? We just have to keep faith and keep moving forward in our lives to see to it that we have something to say when the end comes near. The important thing is that we at least have "something" to say and that the noble works far outweigh the selfish works.

We must all remember that when we wake up in the morning that the day is not about us, it is about our God and Savior Jesus Christ. It is about how we can be a friend to others, how we can show love to someone who needs love, how we can mend a broken heart or a fallen spirit, how we can share the love of our Father in Heaven and the sacrifice of his only begotten Son with the lost and how we can raise up our own hearts to God higher than we ever could have imagined raising them. We have to be willing to give up all our ungodly belongings, hand over our homes and sacrifice our children should the Lord ask, all in faith that we will survive with them still in our arms. We have to put our mirrors behind us and our minds in our heart to see to it selfishness does not lead our way through the day. Until we manage to flawlessly do these things we will never have anything worth telling our Savior Jesus Christ other than "I'm Sorry".



Matthew 24: 36-39  No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.   As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.   For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;  and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away.  That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

Mark 13:35-37   Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back - whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn.  If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping.  What I say to you, I say to everyone: 'Watch!'


With Love Always,
Your Sister in Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment